Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When I grow up I want to be a ballerina...

Today, that age old question came up yet again:  What do you want to be when you grow up?

When I was little,  I wanted to be one of several things and figured that I could just pick one when I was a little older.  I wanted to be a doctor, a teacher, a ballerina, an adventurer...

As I got older, things changed though.  I came to realize that while I can look at and talk about guts all day, 5 min into hearing someone else talk about the circulatory system I start to feel faint, so no doctoring for me.  I realized that while I like to help people learn things, I despise teaching structures, so no teaching for me.  I realized that while I love to dance, I have a very un-ballerina like butt and no sense of balance (as evidenced by my high school stage time), so ballet doesn't seem like much of an option.  And what does an adventurer do exactly?  Besides get shot at, captured, read maps is dead languages and find awesome stuff against all odds.  Apparently the adventurer hiring agency only places cute guys with at least two degrees in history, or something related to archeology, or a hot girl who was a princess/queen in a former life.  It would appear that I was a Romantic Poet (according to facebook), so no luck for me.

Oh well.

Now, I'm in school learning how to write about what is going on in the world because I don't know what else to do.  I like to write and I like to go out into the world and talk to people and do things, so this is what fits.  

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up though.

Maybe I'll double check on that adventurer job... I dream about being shot at anyway....

No comments: