Monday, March 23, 2009

Die laughing...

I've heard of several neat pranks, but the best that I've seen have been at college.

24072007(003) by miikkahoo

My favorite on campus prank that I've seen was a surprisingly simple one:

It was midterms time during my freshman year when I walked by the science building and saw this prank sitting on the sidewalk. Somebody had traced a body outline in splayed, crime scene fashion on the sidewalk next to the place where a piece of fruit had exploded earlier in the week. The effect was great.

It was kinda funny in a I-really-shouldn't-be-laughing-at-this sort of way. It was well timed too because it really made use of the pressure of that part of the semester.

I actually heard some people asking what had happened! It looked real enough to make people wonder, but was low key enough that nobody bothered to clean it off, so it lasted until it rained.

***Nobody actually died. The campus is so small that if somebody stubs their toe on one end of campus, you'll know about it on the other side of campus before they get back to their dorm room. Plus, while the prankster's use of chalkboard chalk for the outline was probably seemed like a good idea, I'm fairly sure that the police use something a little more affective at marking the lines at crime scenes.***

No comments: