Monday, March 30, 2009

My life

I'm still trying to find a way out of this box I'm stuck in, and ran into an article in an old issue of Time on the subject.  Here is what it said:

So what do we learn from all this? Quit school? Go back to school? Walk away from our comfy, high-paying job? Run away to a Caribbean island? Bronson's subjects try all these solutions and more, but he has the good grace to spare us easy answers. The fact is, we already know from self-help gurus what to do. Follow your dreams. Never give up. Believe in yourself. The answers to the ultimate question are often cliches, and that doesn't mean they're wrong — they're just not very helpful. What's helpful is seeing that other people are trying too, even if they're failing.

Bronson is a fan of failure. "Failure's hard," he writes, "but success is far more dangerous. If you're successful at the wrong thing, the mix of praise and money and opportunity can lock you in forever." Bronson believes, and his stories prove, that failure is how you eliminate the wrong turns on the way to the right one.  -Hint: It's Not Plastics, by Lev Grossman, Time

But, this still leaves me asking what are my dreams?  Am I strong enough to still believe in myself when I have failed so many times before?

1 comment:

Faye said...

WE ALL FAIL!WE ARE HUMAN. YOU NEED TO HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF.I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!BLESSINGS, FAYE