Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dear Professor,

I don't get class, and it isn't the subject matter either.  The subjects are simplistic.  You repeat yourself... a lot.  You give me death glares if I walk into your 9 o'clock one minute late, but then you are 10 minutes late to your own 1 o'clock class.

You don't remember where you stopped at in your notes during your last lecture, but find it unthinkable that I forgot this ultra important busy-work assignment that you handed out along with three other similar assignments earlier in the week.  You expect me to sit in rapt attention, yet you babble on in circles, constantly returning to some technical mumbo-jumbo.  You say that I should try to learn in your class, yet you review so much that I couldn't even say what the "new material" was in the last class.

You speak in abstracts, then say I don't explain enough in my papers.  You claim yourself as a revealer of higher education, yet you test me over the same things that I learned in 10th grade.

Where is the challenge?!?!?  Why am I here?!?!?!  Quit lecturing me on respect and accountability because until you learn to respect my intelligence, I don't think I will be able to fully respect you.  If you respect me, I will respect you; if you treat me like an uneducated fool, then I will play the part in your presence.  That isn't a threat; that is a fact.

Sincerely,
   Some kid from class

No comments: