Friday, April 24, 2009

I have a map... I just don't know where I am.

Frankly, not only do I not know where I need to go right now, but I don't even know which way is North.  I've been doing the online applications thing of late, but I don't even know what I'll do when I find a job.  

I feel like a round peg.

The "normal" 9 to 5 work week is a square hole.

College is an triangular hole.

I don't fit in either, but what is a round peg to do?  I have to fit in somewhere, but all the things that I really enjoy doing seem to leave me with the idea of putting starving artist or hobo on my next W-2.

The good news is I've finally actually sat down to write a book.  It is idea 12 of 139.4.  It seemed like the easiest one to flesh out though, and I am a semi-expert on the topic, so this may work.  Or maybe not.  It is hard to say at this point.  All I have thus far is a massive outline and about 5 pages from the first section.  It is in severe need of editing, but it is out on my laptop.  It's a start.

Small steps...

Oh, and more good news!  My fiancee now has a blog, so go by and visit some time.  I think it's awesome, but then again I'm kinda biased. :P

No comments: