Thursday, March 11, 2010

About me...

It's almost 2 am, and I know I should sleep, but I've been so on edge lately that it is giving me weird dreams. It's hard to say precisely what it is that is bothering me. It is a little of everything I suppose... work, family, the living, the nearness of some to death, the inevitable drift of friends, school (or lack there of), wedding stuff, direction....

I suppose what bothers me the most is my inability to relate to people lately. Everything just seems so serious for everyone right now, but only the usual actions will be taken so they just want to talk about it. *sigh* I almost wish I could still do that. I lost the ability to freak out about things without doing something almost 7 years ago. Now I just regress into being totally mellow, even if the situation is terrible, if I even start to believe that I can't do anything about it. (I think it is a security measure that my mind developed out of necessity.) But anywho, enough of that...

So, basically my feeling of not being able to relate to people has prompted me to want to tell more about myself, since I don't really talk about my personal stuff much unless I'm asking for advice. So here are a few facts that few, if any of you know about me. Enjoy! :)
  • I love hugs, but always worry that somebody is about to leave when I get one, on some level anyway.
  • My first cd ever was Jimmy Buffett's Banana Wind. My mom ended out kidnapping it, but I still reclaim it whenever I need a pick-me-up. Track 3 is my favorite.
  • I hate answering machines!!! Especially the preset ones.
  • I don't think school is as important as learning... I just wish there was a way to get credit for what I do that is anti-curriculum. (Is the college from Accepted still taking students?)
  • I have been to 35+ countries.
  • For years my number one rule of dating was don't say yes to guys who give off bad vibes. Number 2? If he can't ask me in person, then the answer is no.
  • I sometimes worry that I am actually totally loopy, and everyone is just being nice to me because they feel bad for me. It would explain a lot.
  • My dyslexic tendencies make my reading comprehension higher because I have to really focus on what I'm reading otherwise it won't make any sense. Because of this I will probably never be able to speed read.
  • I made a 89 in every math class I took from 7-12 grade. (It would have been a 86 in one of those, but I ended out having to take the final because I missed too many days.)
  • If we have been friends for anywhere over 2 years, I have probably wanted to beat you down anime style at some point. At this point, you probably saw me rub my forehead and ask a follow-up question to whatever you just said.
  • I do not yell when I get mad. My voice gets level, and I ask you all the questions that I know you don't want to consider while staring you down because I'm not going to let you get away with a lie much less a half-truth this time, and everybody has their tells.
  • I hate yelling. If you yell, I won't listen.
  • I am secretly a fat kid. I just have a really good metabolism.
  • I keep a running tally of which acne products people recommend that I use. The tally so far this year runs: Proactiv 6, Lemon Juice 3, Tooth paste 2, Noxema 1, Drugs from the Derm. 3. I'm presently using Neutrogena and Aveda. I have tried all the suggestions at some point or another. None worked.
  • I don't have a favorite song, but Hands by Jewel is definitely in my top 5.
  • And finally last, but not least: I like to drink hot coffee because it makes me think of all the times I've sat with friends and family drinking coffee and just chilling. It's really more of a comfort thing then a desire for energy. (Actually, it kinda mellows me out anyway so...)
So, yeah... lots of stuff about me. Probably not much of it too interesting, but I thought I'd share. So, anything you want to share?

2 comments:

A said...

Since you asked...

My first CD ever was All Saints's debut album. I used to know every word to every song on it. Blame my mother.

I hate cell phones, period. It drives people crazy that I don't answer mine all the time, but my view on it is that if it's that important, they'll call back and/or leave a message. I don't want to feel like I'm always obligated to talk to people.

I'm a big fat people pleaser. I started out making good grades because I could, and ended up making good grades because it was expected of me, and now if I don't make good grades I feel like I'm disappointing people.

I was once so desperate to say no to a guy without hurting his feelings that I told him I'd made a vow to God not to date for a year. This came back to bite me in the ass later when my youth leader found out and held me to it.

I made an 86 in every math class I took from 7th to 12th grade, except for Geometry, which for some reason I totally got. No kidding.

When I get mad, I tend to clench my jaw and get very soft-voiced. I also have this terrible knee-jerk ability to say exactly the wrong thing. You know, the one that's going to cut really deep? I hate that about myself.

I've only been outside the continental U.S. twice, and my secret dream is to get married on the cliffsite site of the Gunn clan's ancestral home in Scotland.

Lisa Lotus said...

So, you've wanted to beat me down anime style? lol Nerd alert =p

It's cool though, because nerds are my favorites. <---comma splice.