Monday, November 17, 2008

College

So, what is the point of a college education?  Why do we shovel out tons of money, often more then we can hope to earn in several years in our chosen field, in order to be in this place?

Why is college important?  I find myself asking this question to myself over and over again.  There has to be a reason why I'm here...

I suppose that I should have prefaced all of this with the fact that I'm presently becoming increasingly annoyed with the repetition that characterizes my classes.  I keep shaking  waking up to realize that I've stared off into space for the majority of the class period in most of my classes.  My grades are still decent, but that's only because so much of the information is review that it doesn't matter that I zoned out.  I'd probably be doing even better if it wasn't for the multiple choice.  Multiple choice is the bane of my existence.  It just seems so much like guessing that I have a hard time taking it seriously.  (My SAT score is a pure and simple miracle of statistics.)  Multiple choice makes all the information seem very trivial.  I even half expect the lights to go down and dramatic music to play like on a game show after I finish reading a question.

Back to the original question though:  Why do we go to college?

No idea, but let me know if you figure it out.  In the meantime, I've got some inner-classroom-space-exploration to do.

No comments: